Often you will need to fly sites without access to wifi or a cellular network. Or you may need to plan a flight for a team member on a site far away from HQ. There are many use cases for Flight Plans and we’re sure you will come up with more. Below are different uses for Flight Plans and how to create them.
1. Flying a site without access to wifi or a cellular network
2. Planning a flight for someone else to fly in a different location
3. Planning a flight in the office to be flown at a later date
4. Ensuring that data is collected the same way every time
5. Saving a completed flight that you will want to fly again
1. Select Flight Plans from the home screen
2. Select a flight mode
3. Name your flight plan and select a location
4. Tap “Next” and the Flight Plan will be saved
5. Edit the polygon over your site then tap Save Flight Plan in the top right corner
1. Select a flight mode on the home screen
2. Name the flight and select a location
3. Adjust the map, flight path, and settings
4. Tap Save Flight Plan in the top right corner
Enter a name and save
After the vehicle lands select Save as Flight Plan
This works for new flights and reflying existing flights
1. Refly can still be accessed with tab at the top of the Flight Plans menu.
2. Download maps in the Flight Plans menu for use offline. This will save the map at the location and zoom level on the screen with the flight path.
3. Only the name of a Flight Plan can be edited without creating a new plan. This ensures data is consistent for future analysis.
4. Flight Plans can be duplicated and renamed if you want the path to be the same but the flight settings to be different.