The Solo Gimbal taps Solo’s intelligence to get perfectly automated shots, plus rock-solid footage, GoPro® control & charging and long-range HD video feed. To install the Solo Gimbal and start utilizing these features, follow the Solo Gimbal installation instructions below or click here for a step-by-step video tutorial.
Before installing the Solo Gimbal, make sure the firmware on Solo and your GoPro as well as the Solo App on your mobile device are up to date for the best performance.
- Solo: 1.1.12 or greater
- Solo App: 1.1.0 or greater
- GoPro: 3.00.00 or greater
To install the Solo Gimbal:
Remove The Frame
- Flip Solo over to access the bottom of the vehicle.
- The Frame is secured to Solo by three captive screws (permanently attached to the mount to prevent losing them). Since these screws don’t come out all the way, loosen each screw until they can’t be backed out any further.
- Detach the mount from Solo by gently lifting up on it.
- Route the HDMI cable out through the mount to complete the separation.
- Remove the foam insert holding the gimbal in place and set it to the side (this piece is used to help protect the gimbal during travel).
- There are two ports on the bottom of the gimbal plate: one for the HDMI cable and one for the gimbal cable. Plug in the cables running from Solo to their respective ports on
The gimbal as seen below.