If you’re planning on using a computer, first make sure you already have a ground control station software installed, such as Mission Planner.
- Once opened, connect your telemetry radio to your computer using a micro-USB to USB cable.
- Then select the proper COM port from the Drop down window in the top right corner of the screen and change the Baud rate to 57600.
- Before hitting the ”CONNECT” icon make sure your IRIS+ is ready to fly.
- Click on the ”CONNECT” Icon and you should now be connected to your IRIS+, meaning you can now monitor all the telemetry data sent from the vehicle to your computer in real time.
Using an Android device is much simpler. All you need to do is download and install a ground control station software: see options here.
- Make sure your device is OTG capable and compatible with Droid Planner 2.
- You can click here for a list of known compatible devices from the developer.
- Using the OTG cable that came with the radio, connect the black end to it and the blue end to your Android device.
- Open Droid Planner 2 and before hitting connect, make sure your IRIS+ is ready to fly.
- Once you’re connected you’ll be able to monitor telemetry data such as altitude, GPS location, flight mode engaged and so on. You’ll also be able to engage flight modes like ”Guided” and ”Follow me” through this connection