With the Camera Control Web App (Beta), advanced users have the ability to:
- Change camera settings
- Control the Zoom of the 16-50mm lens
- Manually download images directly from Solo
Accessing the Camera Control Web App (Beta)
- Turn on both Solo and Controller. Wait until they connect.
- Connect your iPad or computer to the SoloLink Wi-Fi network. (“No Internet Connection” warning is expected)
- Open a web browser such Safari or Chrome, enter “10.1.1.10:5888″ in the address bar.
The Beta Camera Control Web App will appear.
Custom camera settings
- Change desired camera settings from dropdown menu. We only recommend changing Exposure Mode, Shutter speed, ISO, Aperture and/or EV.
- Press “Set” to save each change.
- Refresh page to confirm that changes have taken effect.Note: Camera settings will return to default every time Solo restarts.
- Replace the 20mm Prime mapping lens installed on Solo by the 16-50mm Zoom lens.
(Press the button on the lower left of the camera when facing it, turn lens counter-lock wise. To place new lens, line up the raised White dot on the outside of the lens perimeter, with the same white dot located inside the camera frame, tighten clockwise)
- Adjust the Zoom slider. (Slide to the right to zoom)
- Press “Set” for changes to take effect.
- Turn off the camera by pressing the power button on top of the camera next to the Green LED to retract the lens for storage.
Tip: Navigate and frame your shots with the slider to the left, then zoom to the desired level.
Manual Image Download
- Scroll down to the Media State option.
- Set it to “on” by activating the toggle to the ON position and clicking the Set button.
- Click the Refresh button found at the bottom of the webpage and wait for the pictures to be populated below. You may need to refresh the page if the list is not populated after a couple of minutes
“56164a74-dcce-4303-971D-ec0c3e3136da” in this example, is the mission ID. The combination of numbers and letters will be different for each mission.
DSC#####.JPG: is the name of each picture.
The images can be downloaded by clicking on each link or using a link downloader such as the Chrome extension “uSelect iDownload” (not available for iOS).
Note: “Media State” must be turned off to capture images or change camera settings.